Thursday, February 9, 2012

"Lord break my heart until it moves my hands and feet."

"Great men and women of God have a sense mission that expands beyond their own life" - John MacArthur.

Everyone has a calling. As Christians, our calling is to Christ. I use to always get excited before a mission trip. I couldn't wait to get out of the states and tell others about Christ. I remember my first mission trip was to Brazil. I remember being so nervous the first time I shared my testimony. I remember being sad the day I had to pack my bags and leave this place I had grown so attached to. It seemed to become even more difficult each time I went somewhere new. I remember the first time I arrived in Guatemala, it felt like home. I cannot fully explain the feelings I felt, but I knew it was where I was suppose to be. I have been back twice since my first visit, and each time I pack my bags to leave, it becomes harder to say goodbye. My heart is in Guatemala. As I flew back to the states, I looked through my pictures and cried over the place I had fallen in love with. My first few weeks back were miserable. I felt as if I didn't belong. I knew I had left my heart in a different country. Through being miserable, God showed me something I will never forget. As I was reading my morning devotion, two verses really stuck out to me. Ephesians 5:1-2 says, "Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." Was I really imitating Christ? Why was I waiting to show Christ to others in different countries? Can't the God who saves nations use me right where I am? Why am I waiting to show others Christ's love when I can do that right here in Nashville? I may not be exactly where I desire to be, but why should that deter me from showing Christ's love right where I am? My calling is to Christ. My mission is to share the gospel with the world. No matter where I am. The place you are NOW is your mission field. Whether that is your workplace, your house or even on the streets. There is no limit to what God can do through us when we have complete and total faith in Him. I want to be in Guatemala one day, and I am sure that will happen but until then, I refuse to be stagnant.
Be the Example. Be the Light. "Be the Change You Wish to See in the World."

No comments:

Post a Comment