Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Waiting


I have worked alot of camps the past few weeks and have been able to talk to alot of girls about what they are going through and what problems they are facing today. One of the main problems I kept hearing about was problems in relationships. I tried to tell my girls that they need to make sure the guys they are picking put God first. He cannot truly love you until he truly loves God. So wait for the right one. Do not settle for less. God has someone out there for everyone; we just have to be willing to wait. 
I found a prayer a girl wrote for her future husband that I absolutely love:
                            
                              "I pray that we be wise. I pray that we be patient. I pray that we be steady. I pray for guidance that only comes from having a foundation in Christ. I pray that we explore life in what God has for us together, that I may know deeper of His love because of you. I pray that you love me as Christ loved the church. I pray that you will fight for me like no other, and that I may comfort you like I never have another. I pray that God makes this clear. I pray that you are His will for me."

This prayer is what I pray and I hope that all my girls will pray this as well. Know that you are worth it. That Christ has the best for you. All we have to do is wait. Let it be God's will not our own. Realize that you are beautiful. You are not defined by your clothes, your makeup or hair. Be you, don't try to be anyone else. You are beautiful no matter what anyone tells you. God created you and you are his Masterpiece. Someone is going to find you captivating. You deserve the absolute best, so do not settle for anything less.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. A couple weeks ago I did a whole post about being a modest woman of Christ - I love how these tie in together.

    Also, I adore your blog :)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you liked it! :) I will look for that blog post!!

    ReplyDelete