Monday, April 30, 2012

The Beginning of a New Chapter

 

I have learned so much this year. It would take days for me to go through all the life lessons I could now apply to my life. I am not the same person I was coming into this program. God led me here to grow. To learn about myself. To learn about Him. This is the last week I will be here at Trek-X and realizing that is almost overwhelming. I am going to miss Nashville, the morning Bible studies, the people. Some of the people here have made a huge impact in my life and it is sad to leave them. I will definitely stay in touch with all of them because I know they are going to do amazing things with their lives. I am really excited to see how God is going to use each of them. Although it is sad to leave, I know it is the right decision. So many opportunities have opened up for me in Memphis. It's scary and exciting to see each step I take leading me closer to my goal. In the next few years I could be living in Guatemala. I could be working in an orphanage. I just have to finish school. Yes, I have a long way to go but I will have many opportunities to make a difference right where I live. Working downtown, working soup kitchens, starting Bible studies...there is so much that I could do just in my hometown. Yes, I can't wait for the future but I will not be stagnant. I am closing one chapter of my life but opening a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment