Thursday, April 12, 2012

Change of Plans

           

I constantly have to remind myself to let go and give everything to Christ. I hold on so tightly to worldly things, to people and unorganized plans I can't imagine getting rid of. In my eyes my plan works, so why would I want anything else? I'm in control, why would I want to change that? But when it fails, I am back to square one. I think God sometimes lets my plans fail just to remind me that I need Him. And it works. I can't see the big picture, but He can. My heart breaks when I long for something that is unreachable. But maybe that is God's way of telling me no, or at least not now. Maybe that's His way of saying wait, I have something better in store for you. In the process of waiting for what is to come, He is teaching me Patience; something I most definitely lack. Realizing this gives me a reason to rely on Him even more. In the areas that I fall short, He is sufficient. I love Jeremiah 29:11- "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" I have heard this verse many times, but lately it stands out. God has a plan for my life. Even when I find myself distressed over a changed schedule, I have to realize God sees the bigger picture, even when I cannot. But it does not stop at Jeremiah 29:11. Verses 12-13 say, "Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart." Not only does He have a plan for my life, He listens to me when I cry out to Him. He hears His children who seek Him and I find that so encouraging. I don't serve a silent God. I just have to be patient and serve Him and watch what He does with my life. That excites me to no end. I have no idea where I will be in the next five years. But what I do know is that I am willing to go anywhere God leads me.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for finding and following my humble blog. It's evident from your posts that you're a true Christ follower and struggle with the same mannerisms that the rest of us do that truely strive to follow and obey Jesus. Hope to see you in glory and we can say hello face to face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi pretty lady! I found your blog via Skunkboy Creatures and am SO GLAD that I did! I love finding sisters in Christ who blog; it's like finding a diamond in the rough. I'm your newest follower! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Thanks for living out your faith with such passion! Love it, excited to follow you:)

    ReplyDelete